Thursday, February 15, 2007

Garrett Iraq comments tomorrow

I took a late lunch so I could watch Representative Scott Garrett's speech. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great, and after watching so many of these most are really starting to sound the same. Garrett opposes the resolution, although he better expressed his opposition in last week's radio interview. He argued that this resolution simply says "stay the course", which has been a common Republican refrain during this whole thing.

He had the Speaker bust out the gavel twice because his time expired (once he got an extension and once he didn't), so I'm not sure if his whole statement will make it into the Congressional Record. If you want to see it, C-SPAN will have it on this site eventually. I'll also post the quotes from other speeches that I liked, hopefully by tomorrow as well, but maybe Saturday.

No comments: