Saturday, April 7, 2007

Garrett Joins Blogosphere; Sort Of

Representative Scott Garrett is not without re-posting press releases on a blog experience, he posts on The Hill Blog every few months. However, now he has in fact popped up on a local blog of sorts. He's posting over at Shaptalk, or at least the Blogger version of Shaptalk. Shaptalk.com is run by Michael Shapiro, whose bio you can read here, and the Blogger version of Shaptalk includes him, Representative Garrett and a couple other folks. I've enjoyed a few of Mike's columns, which he will also post over at Blue Jersey from time to time.

I guess, after the welcome message, I was hopefully we'd be getting some kind of insight on things from Representative Garrett. However, the first post was just a regurgitation of the budget spin Herb Jackson and I separately shot down several days earlier. However, he did reiterate the claim about my favorite New York Times study. Unfortunately, Garrett still has yet to identify when this study was published. This is the third time he's brought up this study, and nobody else but him seems to be able to find it. I've contacted the NYT directly to try and figure out what he's talking about, so we'll see how that turns out.

On a positive note, the Blogger Shaptalk allows folks to leave comments to Garrett. If he or his office actually do engage in a dialogue with constituents, it would be a huge plus. I've said before that while I probably wouldn't agree with the rigidity of his politics, I wouldn't feel as critical of him as a Representative if I believed folks actually knew who they were voting for and how his actions have affected our District. Right now they don't, but we'll have to see what happens.

No comments: