Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day at the Fair

Yesterday, I went with some friends for the annual trip to the State Fair in Augusta. There's always a lot of fun things to see and do. The Branchville Rotary Club still has the best deal, with their commemorative cup and dollar iced tea.


Although I was hoping to bump into Representative Scott Garrett, or some of the local officials, it didn't happen. However, I did find evidence of Garrett supporters attending:


I still think it's funny that the Fair places the Sussex County Republicans and Democrats right across from each other. I guess it's kind of like McDonald's and Burger King being near each other in most areas.

One very interesting thing I learned was that monthly ridership on the fixed bus routes in Sussex has increased 37% since the beginning of the year, and 21% overall. I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that as a county Sussex needs more transit options.


It was a great time as always, and I'm already looking forward to next year. Here are some other pics:










No comments: