Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Direct Response On Red State

I don't know how long it will stay up there, but I've attempted to help out the Conservatives that Representative Scott Garrett and others have tried to confuse on the issue of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). This is the response I wrote to his posting:

First off, the two of three Republican State Senators serving within Rep. Garrett's District have called on Garrett to override the veto.


Second, if you have the time to check out the bill, you can see this whole argument is false.

Section 201 provides for more outreach;

Section 605 prohibits funding to illegal aliens;

Section 112 gets rid of childless adults;

Families making that much are already covered through the waiver program established in our state by the last Republican governor;

And finally, it's not an entitlement because people can get turned away. It's a block
grant program.

Yes, I realize I put an extra "the" in there.

Like I said, we'll see how long it lasts. Something I left out though, Garrett was in the Assembly when this went through. I'd be curious to see what if any action he took against this program that he is so against.

No comments: