Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Beckham Effect

I love all sports, including Major League Soccer. I've gone to two games this year. The first, The Red Bulls against The Kansas City Wizards on June 16th, which ended in a 3-3 tie. I took some pictures.

The second game was last night, against the LA Galaxy, which the Red Bulls won 5-4. I took some more pictures.



Yes, David Beckham was in town. Up until last night, the game against the Wizards had been the highest attended of the year. Last night exceded that by 51,000 people. The majority of which was to see this guy:


It was a lot of fun, and Beckham should be a great thing for the game and the league. Although, like I told people I knew going to the game, the Red Bulls are a pretty good team and don't be surprised if we win.

1 comment:

Packaging USA said...

Beckham has supported UNICEF since his days at Manchester United and in January 2005, the English national team captain became a Goodwill Ambassador with a special focus on UNICEF's Sports for Development program. More recently Beckham has pledged his support for the current Unite for Children, Unite against AIDS campaign.