Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Garrett Really Full of SCHIP

As I pointed out in an earlier post, our Representative Scott Garrett voted for every deficit inflating Republican budget he's had the chance to vote for (FY 2004, FY 2005, FY 2006, FY 2007). Yet, on the House floor the other day he had this to say:
Even though it is our own administration on these issues, I voted against a budget that has come before this House, even though it is one of our own budgets, because I thought we were spending too much. So I believe I come to the well here with a track record to stand on, as does the gentleman from Texas, as well, when it comes to saying we want to be fiscally responsible.
I'm not sure what budget Garrett is talking about, but his voting record certainly doesn't match his words. Considering this is the basis he has given for his vote against renewing the State Children's Health Insurance Program yesterday, he really is full of it.

No comments: